I love homemade food and especially snacks like ice cream, popsicles... BabyT loves Chocolate cookies, so I tried to do it from scratch and after several failed trials and some research I came up with the yummiest Chocolate oat cookies recipe that was approved by the cookie connoisseur and a Michelin star chef, MY SON👨🏻🍳.
Enjoy your cookies mammas!
Ingredients for 12 servings
- 1 1/3 cups Flour
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 2/3 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon*
- 3/4 cup Butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Confectioner's sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp Cocoa powder (unsweetened) **
- 2/3 cup Chopped nuts(Optional)
*If you're not a big fan of cinnamon, reduce to pinch instead of 1/4 tsp but it gives a yummy taste to the cookies.
** If you are a big fan of chocolate, put 2 1/2 tbsp instead of 2 1/2 tsp or you could skip chocolate and enjoy vanilla cookies (I would add 1/4 cup chocolate chips)
- Mix the flour - oats - baking soda - salt - cinnamon in a large bowl
- In another bowl, mix the melted butter, brown and confectioner's sugar together then add the egg and vanilla extract; at the end add the coca powder and whisk (with a whisker or a stand mixer with beaters) Make sure that the cocoa powder is completely dissolved.
- If you decided to add nuts or chocolate chips you add them to the mixture that looks like a dough and mix them with a spoon.
- Form small balls in your hands with the mixture, press them and put them in the oven tray (with parchment paper) for 20 minutes (if the cookies aren't cooked from the bottom, put them on the lower level in the oven for extra 5 minutes)
- Let them cool down for an hour
📩 For any question or anything that I might have missed please don't hesitate to contact me on email@example.com
Bon appetit 🍪